Saturday, October 20, 2007

define me, says who?

a wise woman once said "define who you are and find the security you need to feel free parading the REAL YOU all around the world." at first i thought, i know the real me... she is confident, happy, and complex. she likes to read, enjoys spending time with her friends, loves cooking, loves being physical....... but is this really who i am? are these really the things that define me?

related to this post was a comment about a woman who used a truth mirror. she would stare into the mirror each night until she was able to find something beautiful and true about herself... who we believe we are and what we REALLY are two different matters. wait, let me rephrase that: who I believe I am and what I think others see me as, ARE two different things.

so this brings me back to the original statement: define you.
  • It's hard for me to forgive myself.
  • I push myself too hard because I think I'm not good enough.
  • I'm afraid that I will loose control and ???
  • I focus too much on my weight.
  • I close my heart because I'm afraid of being hurt.
  • I judge others because I think they are judging me.
after writing my define statements, i realized two things:
1. they are all negative and 2. i'm on a mission to make it my ANTI-definition.

this blog is now my virtual mirror. i'm going to challenge myself to write often and positively about me, friends, and food.

this is the change i wish to see in the world.

1 comment:

Amber D. (Evans) Marcu, Ph.D. said...

You are POWERFUL, Jenn.

You can destroy and you can create. To me, your greatest strength is your ability to balance those.